Gabcast.com is a podcasting and audioblogging platform that offers virtual communities, individuals and organizations an easy way to create and distribute audio content. Most people will use a touch-tone telephone to make their recordings but Gabcast.com also provide worldwide access to the service through VoIP.
Once you have made a recording and have published it, a newsfeed is immediately and automatically updated to alert subscribers to your channel.
What is nice about this service is that content can be directly posted to your blog from there. As a podcaster, you can use Gabcast.com to do the legwork and can easily sync Gabcast to your iTunes.
Sign up is free and allows 200 MB of storing space, an episode maximum length being 1 hour. For more disk space you can choose between a Pro bundle which costs 6 USD and gives you 400 MB storage and a few more features or the Premium bundle which costs 12 USD and gives you 1000 MG of storage along with a personalized player.
What Can You Do With Gabcast?
- You can embed a flash audio player into your personal or corporate website/blog and communicate with your friends/family/colleagues/customers
- You can voice your political opinions or use it as part of a political campaign
- You can record Greetings
- You can be a Citizen Reporter
- You can conduct Interviews
- You can use it as an Educational Tool
- You can use it for Get-togethers
- You can Speak Your Mind
- You can use it to describe an item for sale on Ebay (Show Me!)
Gabcast supports the following blogs:
- Blogger2: Blogger Beta
- Blogger: Blogger and BlogSpot
- Life With Christ
- Travelling Guy
Movable Type and any other blogging platforms could be easily added through a custom blog interface, the API type available being Blogger API, Atom API and gdata.